Experienced Air Conditioning Installers Serving the Western Chicagoland Area
Finding the right air conditioner for your home can be a challenge. You need to make sure the system you choose is properly sized for your space and can handle your and your family’s cooling needs.
At J&R Herra Home Services, we make the process simple. Not only can we help you find an AC solution tailored to your home, but we can also recommend specific products from some of the HVAC industry’s leading brands. Once you’ve decided on a new or replacement system, we’ll get right to work installing it. Our highly trained and certified air conditioning technicians are equipped to install all types of AC systems, including all major makes and models. We can even help you design a custom cooling solution for your space!
To schedule AC installation services in Kane County, call the team you can count on. Call J&R Herra Home Services at (630) 552-6605 today!
How Long Do Most ACs Last?
On average, most air conditioners last anywhere from 15 to 20 years. However, many factors influence the lifespan of your system.
Some of these factors include:
- The type of AC system you have
- How often you use your air conditioner
- How often you change the air filters
- Whether you schedule routine AC maintenance
- The local climate where you live
- The placement of your AC unit
- Whether your AC has been subject to excess damage or flooding
- Whether the system is correctly sized for the space
Proper installation is key to a long-lasting AC. If your unit is installed incorrectly, it is far more likely to break down and experience wear-and-tear than if it is installed properly. This means that the overall lifespan of your AC system will be shorter than it could—and should—be.
When to Replace Your Existing AC System
Although many cooling issues can be effectively resolved with professional AC repairs, others cannot. When your AC suffers extensive damage, or simply reaches the end of its useful lifespan, it’s time to consider replacing it.
Some of the most common signs that you may need to replace your existing AC system include:
- The system is old, i.e., 15 to 20 years old or older
- The cost of repairs exceeds the cost of replacement
- Your energy bills have increased without additional AC use
- The AC no longer works as well as it once did
- Your home is warmer than usual, even when running the AC
- You have begun to notice moisture buildup or increased humidity
- The AC is emitting unpleasant odors or making loud noises
If you are experiencing issues with your AC, our team can come out to your home for an inspection. We will carefully examine the system and its components to determine what is wrong and provide our honest, professional recommendations regarding repairs or full system replacement. Because we do not conduct commission-based sales, you can trust that our team will not be pushy or attempt to upsell you a product or service you do not need.
What to Consider When Choosing a New AC System
When choosing a new air conditioning system, there are several things to consider to ensure that you get the best value for your money.
Some of the most important things to keep in mind include:
- The Size of Your Home: First and foremost, it is important to understand the size of the unit that will work most efficiently for your home. An AC system that is too large or too small will not be able to cool your home adequately or economically, so it's important to get the size just right. Air conditioning systems come in different sizes ranging from one ton (12,000 BTU) all the way up to five tons (60,000 BTU). The size of your home, as well as the area you are trying to cool, will help determine what size AC unit you should buy.
- The Type of AC System You Need: In addition, you should also consider what type of air conditioner would best suit your needs. There are several options available, such as window units, portable units, and central air systems. Window units are great for smaller spaces and can be easily installed without the need for existing or new ductwork; however, if you have a larger home or require more cooling power, investing in a central air system may be more cost-effective over time.
- Energy Efficiency: It's also important to choose an energy-efficient model with higher SEER ratings, as this can save you money on monthly energy bills while also providing cleaner and cooler air inside your home during hot summer days. Furthermore, choosing an energy-efficient option with a high SEER rating could make you eligible for state and/or local rebates and other incentives, allowing you to save money on your purchase and ongoing costs.
- Your Comfort, Budget, and Convenience Preferences: Do you run your AC all the time? Do you only turn it on during the hottest days of the year? Are you more interested in saving money on upfront costs or ongoing energy bills? Do you want to install a smart thermostat that’s compatible with your new system? You’ll want to consider all these factors, as well as other things related to your specific comfort preferences, when choosing a new AC.
At J&R Herra Home Services, we can help you choose the right AC system for your home based on all these and other important factors. In any case, you should make sure you hire a qualified technician, like ours, who can properly install and service your new system.
Our Kane County AC installation experts can advise you on which model would work best for your space, as well as explain all the features included with each model so that you can make an informed decision. Additionally, we are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about operating and maintaining your AC system over time so that it continues running efficiently and effectively.
How Much is a New AC Unit?
As of 2023, the average cost for a new central air conditioning unit in the United States ranges from about $2,500 to $7,500 or more, including installation. That said, the cost of a new air conditioning unit can vary widely depending on various factors such as the type of AC unit, its size or capacity, brand, features, installation requirements, and geographic location. For example, a new energy-efficient central air conditioning system with a high SEER rating and the capacity to cool a home with a large square footage will cost more than a smaller, less efficient system from a lesser-known brand. The total cost of replacing an air conditioner also depends on whether any additional services are needed besides the new equipment. For example, if your air ducts are in poor condition, they may need to be repaired or replaced before the new AC unit can be installed. Or if you're going with a ductless cooling option, you'll need to work with your HVAC technician to determine how many indoor air-handling units and outdoor condensers you'll need to evenly service each room in your home.
Because costs are so dependent on individual circumstances, please give us a call at (630) 552-6605 to get a personalized estimate for your specific needs. Be sure to also check out our financing page for more information on how we help make new air conditioning purchases more affordable.
We assist homeowners throughout Kane County and western Chicagoland with all types of air conditioning system installations. We keep an extensive inventory of top-of-the-line products from well-known and trusted brands, such as Heil, RUUD, Mitsubishi Electric, Rheem, Weil-McLain, and American Standard. We can install and replace central air conditioning systems, ductwork, ductless mini-split ACs, heat pumps, window units, and more.
We work quickly and efficiently to get the job done right, the first time. Our team arrives with fully stocked trucks and the equipment needed to complete your installation service. We will keep your home clean and make sure that everything is working properly before we leave. Our goal is to make sure that you are fully satisfied with the quality of our work, the level of service we provide, and your new air conditioning system.
Not only An Expert in His Craft and Knowledgeable, but He Was Kind, Personable, and Extremely Genuine
"I was pleasantly surprised that J & R Herra was able to get someone out right away with such efficiency. John, my technician, was not only an expert in his craft and knowledgeable, but he was kind, personable, and extremely genuine."- Shannon Gil
J&R Herra has the best employees!
"Scottie was great - worked outside on one of the hottest days in order to get a/c installed for me before the day ended. Also installed furnace with humidifier and new thermostat. Function-checked systems to ensure they work properly. Explained everything to me and was meticulous with clean up. Couldn’t be nicer or more meticulous. J&R Herra has the best employees!"- Erin McCarter
Fantastic Response Time, Friendly and Knowledgeable Tech
"I called J&R Herra this morning when I noticed my furnace wasn't heating my house. I called around 8:30 in the morning and Dennis was here by 11 am. He diagnosed the problem and my furnace is now working as it should be! Fantastic response time, friendly and knowledgeable tech. Will definitely be using J&R in the future for our needs."- Kristin Gallagher
"I was extremely impressed with my furnace broke down J & R Came out the same day diagnosed the problem and Return the next day to replace my furnace."- Ron Millar
Polite, professional, and thorough
"Dennis from J&R Herra provided repair service for our geothermal heating and air conditioning system. He was polite, professional, and thorough In diagnosing the problem and making the necessary repairs. I would definitely recommend J&R Herra and will use them again, if needed."- Gary Kizior
Devoted to A Clean Workplace & A Polished Product
Fair and Honest Pricing
Trained and Certified Technicians
Locally-Based, Family-Owned Business
Serving Kane County Since 1974
Fill out the form below or give us a call at (630) 552-6605 to schedule a service or request more information!