Repairing & Upgrading Thermostats Throughout the Western Chicagoland Area
As the weather changes, your home's comfort depends on a reliable heating and cooling system, and at the heart of that system is your thermostat. The thermostat serves as the control center for your HVAC system, allowing you to set and adjust the temperature to your desired level. However, like any other mechanical device, thermostats can sometimes encounter issues that require repair. When it comes to thermostat repair services, it's essential to trust the experts, and J&R Herra Home Services is a reputable provider you can rely on.
J&R Herra is a leading HVAC service provider with years of experience in servicing thermostats and other HVAC components. Our team of highly trained and certified HVAC technicians has the expertise and knowledge to diagnose and repair thermostat issues efficiently and effectively.
Need thermostat repairs in Elburn, Geneva, or anywhere in Kane County? Call (630) 552-6605 now to request a service appointment.
Common Thermostat Problems We Repair
If your thermostat is broken or not reading correctly, your home could be hotter or cooler than you expect and it could feel more humid than it should. Some of the most common concerns our professional thermostat repair technicians see are:
- The temperature on the thermostat is higher or lower than expected
- The screen is difficult to read or will not come on
- The heat or AC cycles on and off faster than normal
- The thermostat needs to be adjusted
- Energy bills are higher than normal
How Long Do HVAC Thermostats Last?
As will all other HVAC system components, the average lifespan of a thermostat is about 10 years since they eventually become old and outdated. You may find the need to replace an old non-programmable thermostat with an energy efficient programmable model or even upgrade to a WiFi enabled thermostat.
Over time, thermostats may encounter issues that require recalibration to ensure accurate temperature readings and proper functioning. Here are some signs that your thermostat may need to be recalibrated:
- Temperature Inconsistencies: If you notice temperature inconsistencies in different areas of your home, even though the thermostat is set to a specific temperature, it could be a sign that your thermostat is not reading the temperature accurately. For example, if you set your thermostat to 72 degrees, but some rooms feel too hot or too cold, it may indicate that the thermostat is not properly calibrated.
- Constant Cycling of HVAC System: If your HVAC system seems to be constantly turning on and off, it may be due to a thermostat issue. A poorly calibrated thermostat may cause the HVAC system to cycle more frequently than necessary, leading to increased energy consumption and wear and tear on the system.
- Inaccurate Temperature Readings: If you notice that the temperature displayed on your thermostat does not match the actual room temperature, it could be an indication that your thermostat needs recalibration. This may occur if the thermostat's temperature sensor is not functioning correctly or if it has become dirty or covered by dust or debris, affecting its accuracy.
- Difficulty in Setting Temperature: If you find it challenging to set the desired temperature on your thermostat or if the thermostat is not responding to temperature adjustments, it may be a sign of a calibration issue. A thermostat that is not calibrated properly may not respond to changes in temperature settings, making it difficult to achieve the desired comfort level in your home.
- High Energy Bills: If you notice a sudden increase in your energy bills without any changes in your usage patterns, it could be due to a thermostat calibration issue. A poorly calibrated thermostat may cause your HVAC system to work harder than necessary, resulting in increased energy consumption and higher utility bills.
- Age of the Thermostat: Thermostats, like any other electronic device, have a lifespan and may require recalibration as they age. If your thermostat is several years old and has not been recalibrated recently, it may be time to consider having it checked by a professional to ensure its accuracy and proper functioning.
Broken Thermostat? Call J&R Herra Now!
Fixing a thermostat is a task that requires technical knowledge and expertise. Attempting repairs without proper knowledge and tools can result in further issues or damage to the thermostat. J&R Herra Home Services has a team of experienced and certified HVAC technicians who can diagnose and solve thermostat problems accurately and efficiently, ensuring that your thermostat is functioning optimally and helping you maintain a comfortable and energy-efficient home.
Not only An Expert in His Craft and Knowledgeable, but He Was Kind, Personable, and Extremely Genuine
"I was pleasantly surprised that J & R Herra was able to get someone out right away with such efficiency. John, my technician, was not only an expert in his craft and knowledgeable, but he was kind, personable, and extremely genuine."- Shannon Gil
J&R Herra has the best employees!
"Scottie was great - worked outside on one of the hottest days in order to get a/c installed for me before the day ended. Also installed furnace with humidifier and new thermostat. Function-checked systems to ensure they work properly. Explained everything to me and was meticulous with clean up. Couldn’t be nicer or more meticulous. J&R Herra has the best employees!"- Erin McCarter
Fantastic Response Time, Friendly and Knowledgeable Tech
"I called J&R Herra this morning when I noticed my furnace wasn't heating my house. I called around 8:30 in the morning and Dennis was here by 11 am. He diagnosed the problem and my furnace is now working as it should be! Fantastic response time, friendly and knowledgeable tech. Will definitely be using J&R in the future for our needs."- Kristin Gallagher
"I was extremely impressed with my furnace broke down J & R Came out the same day diagnosed the problem and Return the next day to replace my furnace."- Ron Millar
Polite, professional, and thorough
"Dennis from J&R Herra provided repair service for our geothermal heating and air conditioning system. He was polite, professional, and thorough In diagnosing the problem and making the necessary repairs. I would definitely recommend J&R Herra and will use them again, if needed."- Gary Kizior
Devoted to A Clean Workplace & A Polished Product
Fair and Honest Pricing
Trained and Certified Technicians
Locally-Based, Family-Owned Business
Serving Kane County Since 1974
Fill out the form below or give us a call at (630) 552-6605 to schedule a service or request more information!