Reliable Cooling Services for Your Home
At J&R Herra Home Services, we know that summers in the Midwest get HOT. You need a reliable, properly working air conditioner to keep you comfortable and safe from the heat. But over time, your AC is bound to experience some wear and tear, which could lead to larger issues and even full system breakdowns. That’s where we come in.
Since 1974, we have been serving the heating and cooling needs of homeowners throughout Kane County. We proudly offer a full range of air conditioning services designed to get your system back up and running. Our goal is to help you enjoy a cool, comfortable home—without breaking the bank. That’s why we offer fair, honest pricing and financing options on new systems and products. We never cut corners when it comes to the quality of our work, and we proudly stand behind everything we do.
We offer a full range of residential air conditioning services in Kane County and the surrounding areas, including but not limited to:
- AC Repair: When your air conditioner stops working or can no longer keep up with your comfort needs, turn to J&R Herra Home Services for fast, reliable AC repair. Our highly trained and certified repair technicians are equipped to handle all types of air conditioning issues. We even offer 24-hour emergency repairs, 7 days a week.
- AC Installation: Whether you are installing a brand-new system or replacing an old, outdated one, you can trust the AC installation experts at J&R Herra Home Services to get the job done right—the first time. We offer state-of-the-art AC systems from the industry’s leading brands, including Heil, RUUD, Mitsubishi Electric, Rheem, Weil-McLain, and American Standard.
- Thermostat Repair: Your thermostat is the key to a comfortable home. If yours isn’t working or just seems “off,” reach out to the HVAC team at J&R Herra Home Services for top-quality thermostat repair. We have the training, tools, and expertise to repair all types of thermostats, including smart thermostats from Nest, Amazon, Ecobee, Honeywell, and more.
- AC Maintenance: Although many people don’t really think about their AC until something goes wrong, it is important to schedule annual inspections and maintenance for your system. Routine service allows our team to check your AC for wear and tear, damage, and other signs of larger problems. It also allows us to ensure optimal performance for peak comfort.
We are ready to take care of all your air conditioning needs. At J&R Herra Home Services, we install, replace, repair, and service all types of systems, including central ACs, ductless mini-splits, window units, and heat pumps.
Does J&R Herra Home Services offer emergency AC repairs?
Yes, we offer around-the-clock AC repair services, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every single day of the year. If you’re experiencing an AC emergency, contact us now to learn how we can help.
Do I really need to schedule AC maintenance?
Regular air conditioning system maintenance may seem unnecessary, but the fact is that routine inspections and service are vital for the efficiency, health, and performance of your AC system. Regular AC maintenance allows your HVAC technician to find minor issues and repair them before they become bigger problems. It also helps boost your system’s efficiency, meaning you’ll enjoy a cooler, more comfortable home and lower energy bills. Routine AC service can even increase the lifespan of your unit by addressing wear and tear, meaning your system will last longer and work better.
We recommend scheduling routine AC maintenance at least once a year, ideally in the spring before the hottest months of the year.
How often should I change the air filters in my AC system?
A clogged air filter leads to reduced cooling efficiency and a hotter, less comfortable home. To ensure maximum energy efficiency and cooling power, you should clean or replace your AC’s air filters every 30 to 90 days. The make, model, and age of your system will determine how often to replace the filters, but we recommend waiting no more than 45 days.
Why won’t my air conditioner turn on?There are many reasons why your AC won’t turn on. It could be an issue with the thermostat, a clogged air filter, or a mechanical issue. Check the thermostat to make sure it’s set to cool; you should also make sure the batteries are working. Locate the air filter and see whether it appears dirty. If so, it’s time to clean or replace it. Our team can come out to your home to diagnose the problem and complete fast, effective repairs. We’ll explain what’s wrong with your AC and inform you of your options before beginning any work.
When it comes to finding quality air conditioning services in Kane County, you have a lot of options to choose from.
So, what makes J&R Herra Home Services the right choice?
- We Care About Our Customers: Your family’s comfort is our top priority. When your AC is acting up, we’ll be there quickly to diagnose the problem, inform you of your options, and get right to work resolving the issue. We genuinely care about the people we serve, which is why we help our customers find the best solutions for their home comfort needs.
- We Can Handle It All: Our technicians are qualified to repair, maintain, install, and replace any air conditioning unit—any make; any model. We offer many customized options for our customers, including some of the most reliable, energy-efficient systems on the market to help you save money every month.
- We’ll Help You Find the Right Solution for Your Home: We recognize that everyone has different comfort preferences and budgetary concerns. When helping you find a cooling solution for your home, we consider your unique needs; then, we help you find the right option. We are happy to answer your questions and provide detailed information on our AC products.
- We’re Available When You Need Us Most: Our trucks are fully equipped and ready for Fast Action 24-Hour Service. We are also equipped with an in-house sheet metal shop for quick, custom ductwork and ventilation systems, and our shop is stocked with a wealth of HVAC inventory. We strive to have what you need on hand at all times.
- We Offer Fair Prices for Our Work: We take great pride in offering top-quality workmanship and industry-leading products at fair, reasonable rates. We can help you find a cooling solution for your home that fits your budget. In addition to our always fair rates, we also offer several financing options for new installations.
J&R Herra provides prompt, reliable, and affordable air conditioning services in Kane County and throughout the western Chicagoland area. If you need AC repairs, installation, or routine maintenance, reach out to our team today to schedule an appointment.
Devoted to A Clean Workplace & A Polished Product
Fair and Honest Pricing
Trained and Certified Technicians
Locally-Based, Family-Owned Business
Serving Kane County Since 1974
Not only An Expert in His Craft and Knowledgeable, but He Was Kind, Personable, and Extremely Genuine
"I was pleasantly surprised that J & R Herra was able to get someone out right away with such efficiency. John, my technician, was not only an expert in his craft and knowledgeable, but he was kind, personable, and extremely genuine."- Shannon Gil
J&R Herra has the best employees!
"Scottie was great - worked outside on one of the hottest days in order to get a/c installed for me before the day ended. Also installed furnace with humidifier and new thermostat. Function-checked systems to ensure they work properly. Explained everything to me and was meticulous with clean up. Couldn’t be nicer or more meticulous. J&R Herra has the best employees!"- Erin McCarter
Fantastic Response Time, Friendly and Knowledgeable Tech
"I called J&R Herra this morning when I noticed my furnace wasn't heating my house. I called around 8:30 in the morning and Dennis was here by 11 am. He diagnosed the problem and my furnace is now working as it should be! Fantastic response time, friendly and knowledgeable tech. Will definitely be using J&R in the future for our needs."- Kristin Gallagher
"I was extremely impressed with my furnace broke down J & R Came out the same day diagnosed the problem and Return the next day to replace my furnace."- Ron Millar
Polite, professional, and thorough
"Dennis from J&R Herra provided repair service for our geothermal heating and air conditioning system. He was polite, professional, and thorough In diagnosing the problem and making the necessary repairs. I would definitely recommend J&R Herra and will use them again, if needed."- Gary Kizior