AC Repair Services in Kane County
Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
You rely on your air conditioner to keep your home comfortable and cool. When something goes wrong, you need a team you can count on to quickly and correctly repair the problem so that you can get back to enjoying your home.
At J&R Herra Home Services, we are equipped to handle a full range of air conditioning repairs on all types of AC systems, including all major makes and models from the industry’s leading brands. Our technicians are highly trained and certified, and they always arrive with all the tools and equipment needed to accurately diagnose the problem and complete all necessary repairs. We are even available for emergency AC repairs, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Need AC repair services in Kane County or the surrounding areas? Call J&R Herra Home Services at (630) 552-6605 or contact us online now to book an appointment.
Signs You Need AC Repairs
It is important to be aware of the signs that your air conditioner may need repairs so that you can address the issue early and avoid more serious—and more costly—problems. While some issues are easy to spot, such as an AC system that simply won’t turn on or one that only blows hot or warm air, others can be harder to detect.
The most common signs to look out for include:
- Abnormal Noises: When your AC unit is functioning properly, it should produce a low hum when running. If you are hearing other strange sounds, such as grinding, squealing, or banging noises, it could be a sign that something is wrong with the unit or its components.
- Inadequate Cooling: Another common sign that indicates something is wrong with your air conditioner is if it takes longer than usual to cool down a room, or if the temperature doesn't stay consistent after being adjusted. This could mean your condenser fan motor has stopped working, or there may be an issue with the compressor.
- Poor Airflow: Poor airflow from your vents is a telltale sign that there's an issue with your AC unit. This could mean a clogged filter needs to be replaced or an obstruction, such as leaves, has gotten into the system and needs to be removed. In some cases, this could also indicate a blower motor issue, in which case you'll need professional help to diagnose and fix the problem.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: If you're noticing a musty smell or an excessive amount of dust in the air when using your AC system, it likely means that something isn't quite right. Mold may have formed within the ducts and evaporator coils due to moisture buildup, which will require professional cleaning services to remove any dangerous particles from entering the living spaces of your home.
Other, less-obvious signs that something is wrong with your air conditioner include higher-than-normal energy bills, which indicates poor energy-efficiency, as well as unpleasant odors, frequent cycling (turning on and off), high humidity, and water leaks.
If you notice any of these signs, it's time to call in the pros at J&R Herra Home Services. Our AC repair experts can inspect and repair any issue as soon as possible before it becomes more serious and expensive down the line.
Tips for Preventing AC Issues
Although regular wear-and-tear is to be expected, there are some things you can do to help prevent problems with your air conditioner.
Here are our top five tips for preventing some of the most common AC issues:
- Keep the area around your air conditioner free of debris, such as fallen leaves and branches, to prevent them from clogging up the unit and causing it to malfunction. Additionally, make sure your exterior AC unit is not blocked or shaded in any way by overhanging trees or shrubs to ensure optimal cooling.
- Regularly change your air filter to keep dust and other particles out of your AC unit and maintain good indoor air quality. Filters should be changed every 30 to 90 days, depending on how much you use the system, how old it is, what type of AC model you have, and whether you have pets or smokers in the house.
- If you are going away for an extended period of time, turn off your AC unit if possible, as leaving it running for too long can put unnecessary strain on the system and cause it to break down prematurely when you return home.
- Schedule regular maintenance for your AC unit so that any potential issues can be detected before they lead to major repairs. Having an experienced technician come out at least once a year to check on things—like refrigerant levels, Freon pressure, fan speed, thermostat calibration, etc.—will help keep your system running smoothly for years to come.
- Monitor your AC system’s performance and, at the first sign of trouble, schedule professional AC service. It is always best to leave repairs up to the professionals, as a DIY approach to fixing broken components could cause more harm than good.
Although these tips can help prevent many AC problems, breakdowns and other issues are bound to happen. When they do, call the team at J&R Herra Home Services for fast, reliable AC repairs in Kane County. We offer honest, upfront pricing and free estimates, and we proudly stand behind the quality of all our work.
We Repair All Types of AC Systems
At J&R Herra Home Services, we are capable of handling all types of repairs on a variety of different air conditioning systems.
Our team works on:
- Central AC systems
- Heat pumps
- Ductless mini-split ACs
- Window unit ACs
- Floor-mounted ACs
- Thermostats, including smart thermostats
In addition to providing comprehensive repairs, we also assist customers with AC replacement and new system installation. We are always honest when it comes to the cost and effectiveness of repairing your existing air conditioner vs. installing a replacement system. In some cases, it may save you money in the long run to upgrade to a newer, more energy-efficient model. We will make sure you understand all of your options and have the information you need to make the best decision for your home.
We Care About Your Comfort
Our team is here to help you find the right solution for your cooling needs. We will take the time to inspect your AC and identify the root of the problem; then, we’ll recommend the necessary repairs and inform you of your options. We are ready to get right to work carrying out top-quality repairs so that you can get right back to enjoying a comfortable, cool home.
At J&R Herra Home Services, we are devoted to a clean workspace and a polished final product. Our team will always treat you and your home with respect.
Call (630) 552-6605 or contact us online for trusted AC repair services in Kane County. We are available 24/7 to serve you!
Not only An Expert in His Craft and Knowledgeable, but He Was Kind, Personable, and Extremely Genuine
"I was pleasantly surprised that J & R Herra was able to get someone out right away with such efficiency. John, my technician, was not only an expert in his craft and knowledgeable, but he was kind, personable, and extremely genuine."- Shannon Gil
J&R Herra has the best employees!
"Scottie was great - worked outside on one of the hottest days in order to get a/c installed for me before the day ended. Also installed furnace with humidifier and new thermostat. Function-checked systems to ensure they work properly. Explained everything to me and was meticulous with clean up. Couldn’t be nicer or more meticulous. J&R Herra has the best employees!"- Erin McCarter
Fantastic Response Time, Friendly and Knowledgeable Tech
"I called J&R Herra this morning when I noticed my furnace wasn't heating my house. I called around 8:30 in the morning and Dennis was here by 11 am. He diagnosed the problem and my furnace is now working as it should be! Fantastic response time, friendly and knowledgeable tech. Will definitely be using J&R in the future for our needs."- Kristin Gallagher
"I was extremely impressed with my furnace broke down J & R Came out the same day diagnosed the problem and Return the next day to replace my furnace."- Ron Millar
Polite, professional, and thorough
"Dennis from J&R Herra provided repair service for our geothermal heating and air conditioning system. He was polite, professional, and thorough In diagnosing the problem and making the necessary repairs. I would definitely recommend J&R Herra and will use them again, if needed."- Gary Kizior
We're Here To Help
THE J&R HERRA DIFFERENCE
Devoted to A Clean Workplace & A Polished Product
Fair and Honest Pricing
Trained and Certified Technicians
Locally-Based, Family-Owned Business
Serving Kane County Since 1974
Schedule a Service
Fill out the form below or give us a call at (630) 552-6605 to schedule a service or request more information!