Water Softener Installation & Repair in Kane County
Improving the Quality of Water in Your Home
Hard water—or water with a high mineral content—can lead to all sorts of unwanted issues, from unsightly buildup on showerheads and faucets to dry hair and skin, damage to plumbing fixtures and appliances, and even negative health consequences. A water softening system can help counteract the effects of hard water, reducing damage, discomfort, and health risks.
At J&R Herra Home Services, we offer a whole range of top-of-the-line water softeners from industry-leading brands. Our plumbing professionals can install or replace your water softener quickly and correctly so that you can get back to enjoying your home. We also offer water softener repair services, as well as routine maintenance. No matter your needs, our team is ready to help.
Contact us today at (630) 552-6605 to schedule water softener installation or repair in Kane County.
The Effects of Hard Water
Hard water is water that contains high amounts of certain minerals, such as calcium and magnesium. Using hard water to bathe, clean, and cook can lead to a host of negative effects, affecting everything from your home’s plumbing systems and fixtures to your health and comfort.
Some of the many negative effects of hard water include:
- Dry-feeling hair and skin
- Scaling, or mineral buildup, in pipes, faucets, fixtures, and appliances
- Poor appliance energy efficiency and reduced lifespans
- Faded and frayed clothing that wears out more quickly
- A cloudy film on just-washed dishes
- Soap that curdles, rather than foaming
- Mineral deposits in showers, tubs, and sinks and on faucets and taps
- An increase in water bills
If you have noticed any of these or other negative effects of hard water, you may benefit from having a whole-home water softening system installed. Water softeners work by removing excess minerals from the water, leaving water “softer” and negating the unwanted effects of hard water.
Benefits of Water Softening Systems
Water softeners offer many benefits, including but not limited to:
- Prevent scaling, or mineral buildup, in pipes, water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines, and other plumbing fixtures
- Lengthen lifespan and improve the energy efficiency of plumbing appliances, leading to reduced water bills and better performance
- Reduce visible mineral buildup, soap film, and detergent curds in washing machines, sinks, showers, and bathtubs
- Reduce mineral spots on glasses and other dishware, as well as soap film on dishes washed in dishwashers
- Softer-feeling hair and skin after showering or bathing
- Less damage to plumbing fixtures and appliances over time, as well as to clothing
If you are interested in experiencing the benefits of a whole-home water softening system, reach out to J&R Herra Home Services today. We can discuss your options and provide a free estimate on new water softener installation in Kane County. We also offer water softener replacement if you would like to upgrade your existing system to a new, state-of-the-art option.
Types of Water Softeners
When it comes to selecting a water softener for your home, you have several options to choose from.
Some of the most popular types of water softeners include:
- Salt-Based Water Softeners: A salt-based water softener, also known as an “ion exchange” water softener, pulls calcium, magnesium, and other “heavy” minerals into a resin located within the water softener. Then, these ions are exchanged with sodium ions, and the water passes through a filter before being released into taps.
- Reverse Osmosis Water Softeners: Reverse Osmosis (RO) is a water treatment process that removes contaminants from water by using pressure to force water molecules through a semipermeable membrane. During this process, the contaminants are filtered out and flushed away, leaving clean, delicious drinking water.
- Dual-Tank Water Softeners: As the name suggests, dual-tank water softeners contain two tanks. This allows for greater volumes of water to pass through the softening system at one time, making these types of water softeners an ideal solution for homes that utilize large amounts of tap water. These systems also allow for continuous water softening.
- Point-of-Use Filter: A treatment device installed on a single faucet or spigot used for the purpose of reducing contaminants in drinking water at that one tap. POU devices attach to the faucet and can be installed under the sink.
- Carbon Backwash Filters:
- Heavy-Duty Chlorine Removal.
- Choose Standard Carbon (for chlorine removal) or Catalytic Carbon for Hydrogen Sulfide Removal.
- Very low maintenance. Fully automatic.
- Save hundreds of dollars over expensive filter cartridges.
Chlorine is a huge benefit for disinfecting water, however, many people prefer to shower in de-chlorinated water to avoid the taste, odor, and irritation that chlorine can cause. Some of our customers report an allergic reaction to chlorinated water, or that they have sensitive skin and have found dramatic results after putting in a whole house carbon filter. Our Carbon Backwash filters effectively remove Chlorine and Sediment down to 30 microns in size.
- Iron Filter: The Iron Removal Filters are designed to remove the Excess Iron content present in the feed water with minimum pressure drop. Most iron filtration systems operate on the principal of oxidizing the iron (oxidation) to convert it from a ferrous (dissolved or soluble) to a ferric or undissolved state.
If you are not sure which type of water softener is best for you, our team can help you go over your options and find the right solution. We offer a range of customizable solutions for our customers and keep an array of top-of-the-line plumbing products in stock so that we always have what you need on hand.
Signs You Need Water Softener Repairs
The most obvious sign that you need water softener repairs is the reappearance of hard water—and its signs—throughout your home. Mineral deposits, buildup, and cloudy films on dishes and clothing all indicate that your water softener is not working properly.
Other signs that you need water softener repairs include:
- Unusual increases in your water bills
- An unexplained decrease in water pressure
- Stains in your sinks, showers, and/or tubs
- Dry hair or skin
- Changes in the taste of your water
- Soap that does not lather properly
- Clothing that appears dingy or feels rough after washing
At J&R Herra Home Services, we can inspect your system and determine whether you need water softener repairs or replacement. Our plumbing technicians will only provide you with their honest, professional recommendations and advice; we will never try to pressure you into buying a product or service you do not need.
How Our Water Softener Experts Can Help
We are prepared to help you with all your water softener needs. At J&R Herra Home Services, we proudly offer water softener installation and repair in Kane County, as well as existing system replacement and routine maintenance. Our team is equipped to work on all types of water softening systems, including all makes and models from major brands. When you schedule a service, we will arrive on time, ready to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
We do not charge for estimates; call(630) 552-6605or contact us onlinetoday to request a free estimate for water softener services!
Not only An Expert in His Craft and Knowledgeable, but He Was Kind, Personable, and Extremely Genuine
"I was pleasantly surprised that J & R Herra was able to get someone out right away with such efficiency. John, my technician, was not only an expert in his craft and knowledgeable, but he was kind, personable, and extremely genuine."- Shannon Gil
J&R Herra has the best employees!
"Scottie was great - worked outside on one of the hottest days in order to get a/c installed for me before the day ended. Also installed furnace with humidifier and new thermostat. Function-checked systems to ensure they work properly. Explained everything to me and was meticulous with clean up. Couldn’t be nicer or more meticulous. J&R Herra has the best employees!"- Erin McCarter
Fantastic Response Time, Friendly and Knowledgeable Tech
"I called J&R Herra this morning when I noticed my furnace wasn't heating my house. I called around 8:30 in the morning and Dennis was here by 11 am. He diagnosed the problem and my furnace is now working as it should be! Fantastic response time, friendly and knowledgeable tech. Will definitely be using J&R in the future for our needs."- Kristin Gallagher
"I was extremely impressed with my furnace broke down J & R Came out the same day diagnosed the problem and Return the next day to replace my furnace."- Ron Millar
Polite, professional, and thorough
"Dennis from J&R Herra provided repair service for our geothermal heating and air conditioning system. He was polite, professional, and thorough In diagnosing the problem and making the necessary repairs. I would definitely recommend J&R Herra and will use them again, if needed."- Gary Kizior
We're Here To Help
THE J&R HERRA DIFFERENCE
Devoted to A Clean Workplace & A Polished Product
Fair and Honest Pricing
Trained and Certified Technicians
Locally-Based, Family-Owned Business
Serving Kane County Since 1974
Schedule a Service
Fill out the form below or give us a call at (630) 552-6605 to schedule a service or request more information!