Flooring Installation, Repair & Replacement in Elburn & the Surrounding Areas
The flooring throughout your home matters. Not only does it significantly impact the overall aesthetic appearance of your home, but it can also make all the difference in your family’s comfort and safety.
At J&R Herra Home Services, we offer comprehensive flooring installation, repair, and replacement for homeowners in Kane County and the surrounding areas. Whether you are remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, want to update your main living space with eco-friendly floors, or are finishing your basement, our experienced contractors can help. We work with all types of flooring materials and finishes; we can help you achieve the look you want, quickly and at a fair cost.
Signs Your Floor Needs to Be Repaired or Replaced
Aside from obvious and extensive damage, it isn’t always easy to tell when your flooring needs repairs or even when it should be replaced. Although we walk across our floors every day, many people become accustomed to the way their floors look, and many large areas are covered by rugs or carpets. As a result, many homeowners do not recognize certain signs that indicate it’s time for flooring repairs or replacement.
Some of these signs include:
- Wear and Tear: While some general wear and tear is to be expected, excessive wear and tear could indicate that you need floor repairs. Deep scratches, serious stains, and large cracks all require professional attention. If your floors look dirty, dingy, or dull even after you’ve cleaned them, it might be time to consider partial or complete flooring replacement.
- Water Damage: Water damage is a sure sign that your floors need some attention. If you’ve recently had a leak, make sure that your floors are completely and professionally dried to prevent further damage. Signs of water damage include warped or buckling floors, a soft or spongy feeling to floors, dark stains, and mold or mildew growth.
- Structural Damage: Hardwood floors are popular for a reason: they’re durable, easy to maintain, and can last for many years. However, excessive sanding and refinishing can make them thin, which may lead to structural damage. Cracks, dents, and holes are all signs of structural damage.
- Insect Damage: Termites and other insects and pests can literally eat away at your floors. You’re more likely to have pests when there are deep cracks or scratches on your floors; water damage can also promote pest infestations. Signs of insect damage include squeaking, sagging, loose boards or tiles, and areas that are buckling.
- Peeling, Chipping, and Discoloration: Peeling laminate, chipped tiles, and discolored floorboards can all be addressed with professional floor repairs. In more severe cases, it may be necessary to replace the flooring altogether. Note that discoloration could indicate mold or mildew growth, which should be addressed right away.
- Creaks and Squeaks: A creaking, squeaking floor could be due to something as simple as a loose nail or as serious as a termite infestation. If your flooring is especially squeaky, or if creaking has worsened recently, we recommend that you schedule an inspection with our team. We can identify the root of the issue and provide you with our recommendations.
- Unpleasant Odors: More porous flooring materials, such as unglazed tiles and linoleum, can trap odors and allow them to permeate below the surface. Once this happens, it’s time to replace your floors. Note that less-porous floors, such as hardwood or vinyl, can also start to smell musty and unpleasant over time.
- Outdated Materials: Outdated flooring can not only be an eyesore; it might actually lead to certain health and safety risks. Whether you want to improve the aesthetic appearance of your home, improve your family’s safety, or both, you may want to consider replacing older, outdated floors with newer materials.
Our team can come out to your home for an onsite inspection to determine whether you need flooring repairs or replacement. You can trust our general contractors to only provide their honest, professional recommendations. We will never try to upsell you a product or service that we do not truly believe you need, and we will always keep your budget in mind when recommending new flooring options.
At J&R Herra Home Services, we install, repair, and replace all types of flooring, including but not limited to:
- Engineered wood
- Luxury tile
- Luxury vinyl plank (LVP)
Whether you are remodeling a specific area of your home, refinishing your basement, or simply want to update your flooring throughout your house, you can rely on J&R Herra Home Services to get the job done. We can even recommend a custom solution to meet your needs, aesthetic preferences, and budgetary considerations.
Finding Custom Flooring Solutions for Your Home
At J&R Herra Home Services, we want to help you get the home of your dreams. With our comprehensive flooring services, we can help you bring your vision to life. Our team works quickly and efficiently without cutting corners or sacrificing quality. We are experienced in working with all types of flooring materials and can help you find the right option for your space.
If you need flooring in Kane County or the nearby areas, reach out to J&R Herra Home Services today. We can provide you with a free estimate and clear, upfront pricing. We stand behind the quality of our work and will always treat you and your home with the utmost respect.
Not only An Expert in His Craft and Knowledgeable, but He Was Kind, Personable, and Extremely Genuine
"I was pleasantly surprised that J & R Herra was able to get someone out right away with such efficiency. John, my technician, was not only an expert in his craft and knowledgeable, but he was kind, personable, and extremely genuine."- Shannon Gil
J&R Herra has the best employees!
"Scottie was great - worked outside on one of the hottest days in order to get a/c installed for me before the day ended. Also installed furnace with humidifier and new thermostat. Function-checked systems to ensure they work properly. Explained everything to me and was meticulous with clean up. Couldn’t be nicer or more meticulous. J&R Herra has the best employees!"- Erin McCarter
Fantastic Response Time, Friendly and Knowledgeable Tech
"I called J&R Herra this morning when I noticed my furnace wasn't heating my house. I called around 8:30 in the morning and Dennis was here by 11 am. He diagnosed the problem and my furnace is now working as it should be! Fantastic response time, friendly and knowledgeable tech. Will definitely be using J&R in the future for our needs."- Kristin Gallagher
"I was extremely impressed with my furnace broke down J & R Came out the same day diagnosed the problem and Return the next day to replace my furnace."- Ron Millar
Polite, professional, and thorough
"Dennis from J&R Herra provided repair service for our geothermal heating and air conditioning system. He was polite, professional, and thorough In diagnosing the problem and making the necessary repairs. I would definitely recommend J&R Herra and will use them again, if needed."- Gary Kizior
Devoted to A Clean Workplace & A Polished Product
Fair and Honest Pricing
Trained and Certified Technicians
Locally-Based, Family-Owned Business
Serving Kane County Since 1974
Fill out the form below or give us a call at (630) 552-6605 to schedule a service or request more information!