Updating & Improving Your Bathroom
Is your bathroom old or outdated? Does it fail to meet your family’s needs? Are certain elements, like the shower or sink, broken? It might be time for a bathroom remodel—and J&R Herra Home Services can help!
We proudly provide comprehensive bathroom remodeling in Kane County and throughout the surrounding areas. Our experienced general contractors have helped countless homeowners improve the beauty and functionality of their bathrooms, including full bathrooms, half and three-quarter baths, en suites, powder rooms, and more. Whether you are interested in a partial remodel or a full gut renovation, you can trust the team at J&R Herra Home Services to get the job done efficiently and at a fair price.
The Benefits of Remodeling Your Bathroom
Remodeling your bathroom has numerous benefits, positively affecting everything from its functionality to its aesthetics. While your bathroom may serve your basic needs, it may not be as efficient or safe as it could—and should—be.
Some of the main benefits of remodeling your bathroom include:
- Improved Safety: Older bathrooms often contain hidden safety hazards that many people do not realize put themselves and their families at risk. Uneven or warped flooring, lead paint, cracked or chipped tiles, and other unsafe conditions could all lead to serious accidents and injuries. Things like mold and mildew growth are also hazardous to your health. A bathroom remodel can address these and other safety concerns.
- Better Functionality: A bathroom remodel can significantly improve the design, flow, and functionality of your space. If you have a large bathtub you never use, a standing shower can save you a ton of space and free up room for additional storage or a larger sink. A poorly placed sink or toilet can be reconfigured to improve the overall functionality of your bathroom, providing you with more space and a better design for less hassle every day.
- Increased Energy-Efficiency: Upgrading old, outdated fixtures—such as toilets, showerheads, and sinks—with newer, modern models can significantly improve the overall energy efficiency of your bathroom. Things like low-flow toilets and showerheads can save a ton of water without you having to sacrifice comfort. Replacing leaky faucets with new ones can also save wasted water, and improved lighting can cut down your electricity costs. All of this means continued energy savings for years to come.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: An outdated bathroom can be more than just an everyday annoyance; it can also be a serious eyesore. Our Kane County bathroom remodeling services are designed to help you get the most out of your space and improve its aesthetics so that you actually love using your restroom. We work with our clients to understand their aesthetic preferences and provide recommendations based on their unique needs.
- Added Home Value: If you plan on selling your home soon or anytime in the future, an updated bathroom can significantly improve its value. According to Zillow, homeowners typically see an average return on investment (ROI) of about 70% when they remodel their bathrooms before putting their homes on the market. Even if you don’t plan on selling your home in the next few years, remodeling your bathroom is a solid investment that can make your home more enjoyable to use now, and more valuable in the future.
Many homeowners are understandably concerned about the cost of remodeling their bathrooms. However, many factors influence the amount you can expect to pay.
Some of these factors include:
- The Size and Scope of the Project: A partial bathroom remodel—such as simply replacing a standing shower with a bathtub or installing a double vanity in place of a pedestal sink, but leaving everything else intact—will typically cost less than a full bathroom remodel.
- The Cost of Labor: Labor is one of the biggest costs when it comes to any type of home remodel, including bathroom remodels. At J&R Herra Home Services, we strive to offer the highest quality workmanship at fair rates to lower labor costs and save you money.
- The Layout of the Bathroom: Your current bathroom layout affects the overall cost of your remodeling job, especially if you want to change the layout by moving a toilet or shower. The more changes you want to make, the greater the cost could be.
- The Cost of Materials: Another thing to consider when thinking about costs is the cost of materials. High-end finishes and materials will typically cost more than lower-end options. We can help you find a custom solution that is both beautiful and affordable.
At J&R Herra Home Services, we want to help you know exactly what to expect when you hire us for bathroom remodeling in Kane County. To that end, we provide honest, upfront pricing and comprehensive cost breakdowns, as well as free estimates on every job.
Our Bathroom Remodeling Services
At J&R Herra Home Services, we are equipped to handle all types of bathroom remodels, big or small. Whether you are interested in a partial remodel or a full gut renovation, our team can help you bring your vision to life.
Our comprehensive bathroom remodeling services include:
- Custom designs
- Shower installation
- Bathtub installation
- Toilet installation
- Sink and vanity installation
- Countertops and mirrors
- Faucet and fixture installation
- Showerhead installation
- Layout reconfiguration
- Flooring installation
- Lighting design
- Mold and mildew removal
- Drywall repair
- Ventilation fan installation
We ensure that all our work meets the strictest safety standards and is compliant with all applicable building codes. At J&R Herra Home Services, we want to help you get a beautiful, modern bathroom that is safe and functional for your family. We will make sure that your plumbing, lighting, and other bathroom elements are all working properly before completing the job, and we will do everything possible to ensure your complete satisfaction with our work.
Not only An Expert in His Craft and Knowledgeable, but He Was Kind, Personable, and Extremely Genuine
"I was pleasantly surprised that J & R Herra was able to get someone out right away with such efficiency. John, my technician, was not only an expert in his craft and knowledgeable, but he was kind, personable, and extremely genuine."- Shannon Gil
J&R Herra has the best employees!
"Scottie was great - worked outside on one of the hottest days in order to get a/c installed for me before the day ended. Also installed furnace with humidifier and new thermostat. Function-checked systems to ensure they work properly. Explained everything to me and was meticulous with clean up. Couldn’t be nicer or more meticulous. J&R Herra has the best employees!"- Erin McCarter
Fantastic Response Time, Friendly and Knowledgeable Tech
"I called J&R Herra this morning when I noticed my furnace wasn't heating my house. I called around 8:30 in the morning and Dennis was here by 11 am. He diagnosed the problem and my furnace is now working as it should be! Fantastic response time, friendly and knowledgeable tech. Will definitely be using J&R in the future for our needs."- Kristin Gallagher
"I was extremely impressed with my furnace broke down J & R Came out the same day diagnosed the problem and Return the next day to replace my furnace."- Ron Millar
Polite, professional, and thorough
"Dennis from J&R Herra provided repair service for our geothermal heating and air conditioning system. He was polite, professional, and thorough In diagnosing the problem and making the necessary repairs. I would definitely recommend J&R Herra and will use them again, if needed."- Gary Kizior
Devoted to A Clean Workplace & A Polished Product
Fair and Honest Pricing
Trained and Certified Technicians
Locally-Based, Family-Owned Business
Serving Kane County Since 1974
Fill out the form below or give us a call at (630) 552-6605 to schedule a service or request more information!