Powerful, Eco-Friendly Solutions for Your Home
If your entire plumbing system needs to be cleaned out, it may be time for a sewer rodding procedure. The process includes flushing out your entire system using specialized rods connected to a hydraulic truck.
On the flip side, you may benefit from hydrojetting services instead of sewer rodding. The process involves clearing sewer lines with high-pressure water and a specialized hose and nozzle to knock away clogs or sludge that develop in your plumbing system.
At J&R Herra Home Services, we have the equipment, tools, and training to get the job done. If you are experiencing issues with your home’s sewer lines or pipes, give us a call. We can inspect your plumbing system and determine the best solution for your home.
What Is Sewer Rodding?
Sewer rodding is one way of clearing sewer lines and pipes that have become clogged or fully blocked by debris. In many cases, it is the only way of clearing stubborn clogs.
How the process works:
- First, our plumbing experts will come out to your home for an onsite inspection. They will carefully examine your home’s sewer lines to locate the clog and determine whether sewer rodding is the best option for clearing your plumbing system.
- Next, to begin the process, your plumber will feed a long, flexible rod through the pipes. Depending on the location of the clog, as well as the extent of the blockage, your plumber may feed rods through a drain, pipe, or manhole.
- Your plumber will use the rods—which are flexible enough to move through the pipes without causing damage, while simultaneously being firm enough to push out clogs and debris—to remove the blockage from your sewer lines.
- Finally, your plumber will check to ensure that all debris has been successfully cleared from the sewer lines. This typically involves flushing water through the plumbing system to ensure that there are no more backups or clogs.
Sewer rodding is a highly effective method of clearing stubborn, hard-to-access blockages. It can even be used to clear away tree roots that have grown into sewer lines by safely grinding them up and pushing them through until they have moved through and out of the pipes.
It is important that you leave sewer rodding up to the professionals. At J&R Herra Home Services, we have the right equipment and the necessary training to quickly and effectively clear stubborn clogs and extensive debris from all types of sewer systems and plumbing fixtures. Give us a call today to learn more about our Kane County sewer rodding services.
What Is Hydrojetting?
Like sewer rodding, hydrojetting is a method of clearing debris from drains and pipes. However, unlike sewer rodding, hydrojetting does not rely on long, flexible rods to remove blockages; instead, it uses only high-pressure water to safely push out clogs and clear sewer lines.
How it works:
- Before we begin, we will come out to your home to inspect your sewer lines and pipes using inline video imaging to locate any blockages and determine the type of debris causing the clog.
- Depending on the type of debris and extent of the blockage, your plumber may first use a plumbing snake to break up the clog before starting the hydrojetting process.
- To start the process, your plumber will insert a specially designed nozzle, which is attached to a “jetter,” into the sewer lines, typically through a cleanout opening.
- Next, your plumber will use the “jetter” to send high-pressure water through the sewer line. Typically, this water is pressurized at up to 3,500 PSI (pounds per square inch).
- Afterward, your plumber will ensure that all debris has been successfully cleared by running water through the sewer pipes.
Hydrojetting is a safe, effective, and environmentally friendly method of removing blockages and cleaning out sewer lines. However, it is not ideal for everyone. For homes with older, fragile sewer lines and pipes, hydrojetting could cause more damage. Our team can provide you with honest recommendations for sewer cleaning services based on our extensive experience. We encourage you to contact us today to learn more about our hydrojetting services in Kane County.
A clogged or slow-draining plumbing system isn’t just an annoyance; it can also be hazardous to your and your family’s health. You should always call a professional plumber at the first sign of trouble with your sewer lines or pipes.
Some of the most common signs that you may need sewer cleaning services include:
- Slow drains or drains that won’t clear
- Gurgling toilets
- A strong, sewage-like smell
- Pest infestations
- Frequent small clogs or multiple clogged drains
- Water backing up in the sink or shower/tub
- Standing water
- Higher-than-normal water bills
- Sewage backups
If you have noticed any of these signs, reach out to J&R Herra Home Services right away. We can come out to your home for an onsite inspection and provide a free estimate before we begin any work. Our plumbing team is here to answer your questions and provide sound advice on how to effectively and safely clear stubborn clogs in your home’s sewer system.
How Our Plumbing Pros Can Help
At J&R Herra Home Services, we utilize the latest in plumbing technology to provide exceptional results for our customers. All our plumbers are highly trained, experienced, and certified in professional drain and sewer line cleaning. We can help you determine if sewer rodding or hydrojetting is right for your home—then, we’ll get right to work addressing the issue and getting your pipes running again.
We stand behind the quality of our work and are proud to offer custom solutions for homeowners throughout the western Chicagoland area. If you need sewer rodding or hydrojetting in Kane County or the nearby areas, get in touch with the J&R Herra Home Services team today.
Not only An Expert in His Craft and Knowledgeable, but He Was Kind, Personable, and Extremely Genuine
"I was pleasantly surprised that J & R Herra was able to get someone out right away with such efficiency. John, my technician, was not only an expert in his craft and knowledgeable, but he was kind, personable, and extremely genuine."- Shannon Gil
J&R Herra has the best employees!
"Scottie was great - worked outside on one of the hottest days in order to get a/c installed for me before the day ended. Also installed furnace with humidifier and new thermostat. Function-checked systems to ensure they work properly. Explained everything to me and was meticulous with clean up. Couldn’t be nicer or more meticulous. J&R Herra has the best employees!"- Erin McCarter
Fantastic Response Time, Friendly and Knowledgeable Tech
"I called J&R Herra this morning when I noticed my furnace wasn't heating my house. I called around 8:30 in the morning and Dennis was here by 11 am. He diagnosed the problem and my furnace is now working as it should be! Fantastic response time, friendly and knowledgeable tech. Will definitely be using J&R in the future for our needs."- Kristin Gallagher
"I was extremely impressed with my furnace broke down J & R Came out the same day diagnosed the problem and Return the next day to replace my furnace."- Ron Millar
Polite, professional, and thorough
"Dennis from J&R Herra provided repair service for our geothermal heating and air conditioning system. He was polite, professional, and thorough In diagnosing the problem and making the necessary repairs. I would definitely recommend J&R Herra and will use them again, if needed."- Gary Kizior
Devoted to A Clean Workplace & A Polished Product
Fair and Honest Pricing
Trained and Certified Technicians
Locally-Based, Family-Owned Business
Serving Kane County Since 1974
Fill out the form below or give us a call at (630) 552-6605 to schedule a service or request more information!